STUDENT RESEARCH PROJECT / BACHELOR THESIS
Title: Evaluation of the recyclability and sustainability of food packaging
Packaging sustainability is a complex issue with interactions between design, collection systems and recycling processes. The aim of this study is to analyse the sustainability of a coffee supplier’s packaging formats based on their recyclability and current recycling and recovery systems.
- Research on the current guidelines for assessing the recyclability and sustainability of packaging
- Research on the current processes and technical capabilities of materials recycling
- Analysis and highlighting of the data required for the assessment of recyclability
- Discuss the recyclability and sustainability of the individual packaging options and propose possible approaches for improvement.
- The main factors influencing the recyclability of food packaging are
- An assessment of the recyclability and sustainability of the packaging options
- The limitations of the assessment
Start: as of now
M. Sc. Zhi Kai Chong
Sustainable Resource and Waste Management
Institute for Environmental Technology and Energy Economics (IUE)
+49 40 428784053