ACTing PROFESSIONALLY IN INTERCULTURAL TEACHING SCENARIOS
If you look at the nationalities of the students at TUHH, you will be pleased about the supra-regional attractiveness of our university. But do we feel well prepared to work and teach in intercultural teams? We want to sound out the opportunities and risks together and reflect on fundamental questions of attitude as teachers. In addition, the Culture Map will be explained and its applicability in the university context discussed.
GOALS AND CONTENTS
In this workshop you will receive tips and hints on how to successfully shape teaching with intercultural student groups. We will therefore address the following questions:
- What does origin mean for the teaching context?
- What is the Culture Map and why can it be a first introduction?
- How can the Culture Map specifically help you plan your course?
- Why is dealing with intercultural teams a question of attitude?
The workshop is designed in such a way that a later joint half-day meeting will take place (date will be set jointly), during which experiences with the use of the Culture Map will be gathered and conclusions drawn jointly.
Interest in cultural framework conditions in teaching and openness for reflection on one’s own teaching attitude. Own intercultural (teaching, learning) experiences are helpful, but not a prerequisite.
- Thursday, 14.05.20,
9.30 am – 4.00 pm
- Siska Simon
WORKSHOP IN GERMAN
- Workshop in English only in consent with the workshop leaders