More Information can be found in the university calendar (at the intranet of the TUHH).
1. Bulkheads and tanks
2. Structural design of forebodies
3. Structures in engine rooms
4. Aft bodies and rudders
5. Detail structural design
7. Bulk carriers
9. Container ship
10. Production-Kind Design in Steel Ship Construction
11. Buckling Strength and Ultimate Load
12. Safety Factors and Reliability of Ship Structures
Design and sizing of the different areas of ship structures and of different ship types (incl. detail design); calculation models for complex structures.
Acquaintance with methods for the design and sizing of structural components and details of different ship types and areas of the hull.
Ability to specify the requirements for different ship types and areas of the hull, to define design criteria for the components, to select suitable calculation models and to assess the chosen structure.
homeworks (handed out during exercises)