The Advanced Internship in GES is scheduled for the seventh semester and allows you to gain an insight into the daily work of a qualified engineer in an industrial environment. Since the advanced internship is planned immediately before the bachelor’s thesis, you will be able to complete tasks close to those expected of a Bachelor’s graduate.
+++ Due to the dynamic spread of the coronavirus, the Career Center can only be reached digitally until 27.03.2020. Please register your internship via e-mail and submit internship reports via e-mail as well. All events planned until 30.04.2020 will be cancelled. We will inform you about new developments. +++
- Reflect on where you would like to complete your advanced internship. The Career Center’s career orientation services might be helpful for that.
- Look for an internship in your field of specialization independently. Please observe the requirements of the advanced internship regulations. Each semester we offer workshops and other events to support you in your search for an internship listed here on this website. Please also enter the Stud.IP group Advanced Internship AIW/GES. Here you will find current information on the advanced internship and can download the required forms.
- Register with the form “Laufzettel zur Anmeldung/Registration of the Advanced Internship ” at the Career Center before your advanced internship begins.
- At the end of the internship, submit your documents to the Career Center.
Each semester we offer a variety of events to accompany the advanced internship, in particular the search for an internship. The current events in the summer semester 2020 are:
- Advanced Internship AIW/GES – preparatory course (Thursdays 2 – 3.30 p.m. during the semester; start: 9 Apr 2020 in room A 1.19.1) –> will be postponed
- Internship abroad: Company research (We, 29 Apr 2020, 3 – 5 p.m.) –> will be cancelled or postponed
- All about internships – compact workshop for AIW/GES (Thu 07 May 2020, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m)–>will be cancelled or postponed
Please note the above mentioned workshop require an advanced level of German language knowledge. You can find further offers and offers in English concering search, company contacts, application documents and job interviews on the Career Center website.
Eilika Schwenke will answer your questions about the advanced internship
at eilika.schwenke(at)tuhh.de or 040-42878-6190.
Visiting address: Career Center, building A, east wing, rooms 1.70 to 1.74